This 3-day immersion is aimed at teachers and teachers in training who want to develop or deepen their skills to teach safe, inspiring, and creatively sequenced vinyasa flow classes.
Through personal practice, lectures, discussions and group teaching exercises we will explore the key components of vinyasa flow yoga, and how to plan and deliver these as teachers. This workshop qualifies for 20 CPD points.
Key content of the course:
- What is Vinyasa flow yoga – origins and inspirations
- Sequencing 1: Understanding the basic template structure of a great vinyasa class
- Sequencing 2: How to create safe and inspiring vinyasa sequences, including the use of the use of marker poses and peak poses, and vinyasa krama
- The language of Vinyasa flow yoga – choice of words, different types of instructional techniques, and how to weave a thread with your language.
- How to adapt your classes and teach to different levels of students
- Pacing, Flow and Transitions
- Safe and effective adjustments within Vinyasa Flow
- Discovering the Vinyasa teacher inside of yourself
This teacher training immersion will be an interactive learning experience, encouraging you to find your own voice, confidence and style as a vinyasa teacher, within a supportive training environment.
There will be some pre and post-course hours to complete as part of the non-contact hours of this course.
Who’s it for?
Yoga teachers and teachers in training who want to develop knowledge and confidence in practising and teaching vinyasa flow yoga
The workshop is led by Dawn Wright who is one of our principle teachers for the Advanced Yoga & Teacher Training Programme. Dawn is an experienced and highly regarded qualified Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT). Her approach is nurturing and supportive, giving students the space to explore their own yoga practice and to safely, informatively and creatively expand their teaching. Dawn has a love of vinyasa flow yoga, and teaches with a focus on creative intelligent sequencing, safe alignment, and the link between breath and movement. She initially trained with renowned teacher Claire Missingham, going on to work with Claire; mentoring and assisting on her Teacher Training programs and providing cover for her classes. She has also trained with Shiva Rae, Sianna Sherman and Jason Crandell
Event date & investment
Friday 13th – Sunday 15th December, 10.30am – 5.30pm
Early Bird £395 until Sunday 22nd September
Book online today or give us a call on 01908 566610 and let the fun begin!
Spaces for this event are limited and so will need to be pre-booked and pre-paid. Bookings are all on a first come first served basis and confirmed upon payment.