During this workshop for yoga teachers and teachers in training we will be exploring the ethics and practice of using hands-on techniques with our students. Using lecture, discussion, and practical pairs or group work we will be looking at the following over the course of the day:
- The ethics and considerations of manual cueing
- Different approaches to physical cues
- Why might we use physical touch in the first place?
- What makes a good adjustment?
- Body placement of the teacher – where and why?
- Considerations on what is appropriate for individual students
- Appropriate pressure, sensing and feeling
This workshop will give you the knowledge and practical skills to feel much more confident in why and how you can use physical touch in a more skillful way as a teacher.
Who’s it for?
This workshop is eligible for 6 hours of CPD/further training hours. Please check with your individual associated regulating/professional body for full details (ie Yoga Alliance, BWY, IYN).
Workshop Date & Time
Saturday 24th November
11.30am – 5.00pm
£70 or £65 if booked by 27th October
About the Teacher:
Dawn Wright is a senior yoga teacher, and teacher trainer of many years, providing teacher training around the UK for leading yoga studios and for Yoga Alliance Professionals Training Academy. She is known for delivering really practical training in a supportive, informative and fun way.