start pregnancy yoga classes today!
new client special* – Buy 6 classes get 1st class FREE
“I never knew how much love my heart could hold until
someone called me ‘mummy’.” – Author Unknown
Day and Time:
Monday 7.00pm – 8.00pm: 30 July – 10 September
Thursday 7.15pm – 8.15pm: 9 August – 13 September
Monday 7.00pm – 8pm: 17 September – 22 October
Thursday 7.15pm – 8.15pm: 20 September – 25 October
New Client Special* – £60 buy 6 get 1st class FREE (limited offer)
* new client special is a welcome gift to brand new clients who have never attended a session at Whitespace before. Limited to one per person, must be purchased on or before first visit. .
During pregnancy, yoga can play a key role in enhancing the experience of this precious time and empower the mother-to-be to have the most conscious birth experience. Pregnancy yoga is suitable for both beginners and experienced practitioners – helping women enjoy their pregnancy with minimal discomfort, cultivate breath awareness and strengthen the body in preparation for labour. Yoga offers you the opportunity to connect with your baby, and you will leave each class feeling deeply relaxed and take with you relaxation techniques you can use during your pregnancy, birth and beyond. Coming to classes is also a great way to feel part of a community of other women enjoying the same life-changing journey – often the starting place for deep friendships.
Our courses run over 6 consecutive weeks. If you are new to Yoga you are welcome to start from the 14th week of pregnancy, if you are a Yoga student with a regular practice you may start pregnancy Yoga at any stage.
benefits of pregnancy yoga
- increases your energy
- empowers the mother-to-be to have conscious birth experience
- keeps you fit whilst being sensitive to the baby + you
- decreases anxiety
- strengthens birthing muscles
- quickens postpartum recovery
- improves sleep
- reduces backache
- improves circulation
- promotes healthy birth
when to practice
Be conscious of how your body feels and seek medical advice regarding any health issues. General guidelines are that you:
- rest during the first trimester (unless you already have a regular yoga practice)
- start yoga in the second trimester
- continue your classes until before birth
- take up postnatal classes after birth
It’s never too late to practice prenatal yoga! So whatever stage in your pregnancy, come along and experience the benefits of yoga under the care of our expert pregnancy yoga teachers