- The impact of gravity on your spine and joints will be reduced every day, whether you are moving or at rest.
- The risk of strain or injury is lessened with good alignment, particularly with more challenging and dynamic exercises.
- Improvements in your posture, how you carry yourself, and how you move every day result from awareness of body alignment.
- You are less likely to suffer from muscular and joint aches and pains, or to injure yourself, because your balance and the way you carry yourself will improve.
- You rev up your metabolism by building muscle, so that even when not exercising your stronger body burns more calories.
- Strength leads to greater health: by committing to a Pilates way of life, you will lower your blood pressure and reduce your cholesterol levels.
- Pilates builds strength from the inside out, from your deep core muscles, so that they support your body effectively in movement, and outwards to the limbs.
- Reduced tension and strain in the body results from a strong core, which will also allow your muscles to be free to work with an intensity that will create great results.
- Your muscles are free from tension, and your movement is unrestricted, when you achieve good flexibility.
- Your posture will improve, because you will be able to hold your muscles correctly.
- Better blood circulation results from improved flexibility, because it helps the muscles to align more effectively. Improved circulation also gives you a boost of energy.
- Joints stay healthy as you age: they resist wear and tear better if they are flexible and move freely.
Shape & Tone
- Develop more muscle definition through Pilates exercise – sculpt your waist and shoulders and tone your abdominals, arms, thighs, and your buttocks.
- Change your body shape completely with regular practice of Pilates. With work, you should see a beautifully toned and lengthened body emerge.
- Pilates builds stamina, not only physical, but mental.
- Immense strength and tone in the body is developed in Pilates by using your own body weight.
- Improved concentration results from focusing on completing each repetition, exercise, and sequence.
- A sense of calm and wellbeing is encouraged by the relaxation of tense muscles during Pilates.
- Pilates releases endorphins, which naturally cause the body and mind to feel more relaxed and positive.
- Your sleep will improve with regular Pilates, which will greatly reduce any fatigue and stress.
- You will feel energized and invigorated, because Pilates forces you to focus on the present moment and the movement you are performing, to the exclusion of your everyday preoccupations and stresses.